The Environmental Volunteers, a leading environmental education non-profit based in Palo Alto, California, is launching Phase Two of its capital campaign to restore a unique historic building located in a nature preserve on the San Francisco Bay. Having successfully raised $2.4 million in Phase One, the organization is poised to complete its campaign and open its new headquarters and nature center. We seek a highly organized campaign assistant to coordinate Phase Two (campaign goal: $1.5M) in consult with the organization’s executive director and professional campaign counsel.
The Capital Campaign Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director and has responsibility for day-to-day planning and coordination of the Capital Campaign. This person and the Executive Director are the primary points of contact with the organization’s Capital Campaign Counsel. The position is both strategic and tactical.
This is a 3-day/week non-exempt position for 12-18 months.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Substantial familiarity with fundraising operations required.
- Experience with a capital campaign is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to operate in a hands-on environment is necessary.
- Prior experience in working with a broad range of volunteers is a significant plus.
- Marketing experience is desirable.
- Computer proficiency and fundraising database experience is required.
- Team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, strong analytical skills, and a service approach.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter explaining interest
- Writing sample
- Compensation expectation
Electronic submissions preferred to: search@EVols.org