National Park Trust, a nonprofit organization located in Rockville, MD is looking for a full time Communications and Development Coordinator to support our Executive Director and Development Director in their efforts to 1.) communicate to the public and to our partners and collaborators information about our growing park preservation and youth education programs and 2.) secure resources for our programs’ expansion.
- Write copy and manage monthly email communications such as E-newsletters and electronic appeals.
- Write press releases and other copy for Annual Report and calendar.
- Support Development Director in the identification of foundation, corporate and major gift opportunities.
- Work with Development Director to produce material for fundraising events, including invitations, programs, awards, sponsor signage, etc…
- Manage donor database and acknowledgment process.
- Regularly update Thank You letters and to ensure up-to-date and fresh content.
- Maintain and update website(s) to ensure all information is current, consistent, and coordinated with other marketing materials.
- Plan, coordinate and execute social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc…
- Maintain, analyze and distribute key metrics from website/social/email marketing, and provide regular reports.
- Work collaboratively with Board members, staff, and strategic partners on communication and fundraising strategies.
- 1-2 years of nonprofit experience preferably in communications and/or resource development
- Interest in conservation and youth education issues
- Graphic design and layout skills a strong plus (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong communication, writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel)
- Experience with database software
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail — a must!
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Creativity and openness to expressing new ideas
About the Company/Organization
We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment. This position is located in Rockville, MD and is metro accessible.
How To Apply
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org