The Conservator is responsible for collaborating with Senior Conservators at Conservation Soluntions, Inc. on all phases of conservation assessments, treatments, and materials testing/analysis projects, including: proposals, budgeting, planning and logistics, and implementation (self-performing and/or directing as needed). The Conservator will also be responsible for all aspects of project management and administration. This job will be based out of the Washington Metro office. The Conservator will typically be assigned to multiple projects concurrently, and may be required to travel to different job-sites within the US and North America.
- Preparation of cost estimates and project budgets
- Coordination of project contracts and insurance requirements
- Logistics and materials sourcing, planning, and ordering
- Staffing coordination
- Coordination of work schedules
- Preparation of schedules of values (SOVs)
- Management of sub-contractors
- Maintenance of project files
Treatment Implementation (in collaboration with Senior Conservators):
- Quality control management and oversight
- Design and implementation of a project-specific safety plan
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrated experience in the conservation of historic masonry structures.
- Be a member in good standing in the American Institute for Conservation (Professional Associate or Fellow level preferred)
- Hold a degree from an accredited university in the field of conservation or historic preservation with a demonstrated specialty in stone conservation
- Demonstrated experience in the field of masonry apprenticeship and/or training a plus
About the Company/Organization
Conservation Solutions, Inc. is a woman-owned small business, made up of a team of dedicated and experienced conservators, project managers, and administrators. Since its establishment in 1999, CSI has developed into a leading, nationwide, conservation firm focusing on the treatment, assessment, and testing of significant works of art, architecture and artifacts. We provide expert advice on all aspects of conservation, and offer a broad range of preservation-related services, including condition assessment, testing and analysis, treatment design, specifications development, implementation and documentation. We have offices in the Washington, DC metro area and Santa Fe, NM. The current position is located in our Washington Metro office. Conservation Solutions, Inc. provides an excellent salary and benefits package, and a broad variety of continuous training opportunities to ensure ongoing professional growth.
How To Apply
Open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘CSI Conservator Position’ in the subject line.