Winterthur seeks a Curatorial Intern. Intern will work with curatorial staff on a variety of projects related to exhibitions, collections management, research, publication, teaching, visitor services and development. The duties may include work in any or all of the collection media. Specific duties will be assigned on a project basis and may include, but are not limited to, collections management, exhibitions, research, publication, teaching, visitor services and development.
Perform routine departmental duties that contribute to the effectiveness of the department:
- Answering inquiries
- Escorting visitors and researchers into the collections
- Assisting with accessions
- Developing programs for public and membership groups
- Offering clerical support where needed
- MA in a subject related to Decorative and Fine Arts in America 1640-1860
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, the Winterthur, or a closely related, collection would be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking, e.g. guides, special groups
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel programs
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to lift and reach objects overhead
- Ability to maneuver in small and tight spaces
- Must have valid drivers license
- After training, must be able to pass care and handling of objects test
- Minimum experience: one month internship or employment in a museum decorative arts or related department
How To Apply
Please submit only 1 cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with complete residence addresses will be considered. We will contact you if we have additional questions. Deadline 3/31/12.