The Collections Assistant supports the Collections Manager at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum who is responsible for the museum artifacts and artwork collections and participates in exhibit design and fabrication. Primary duties of the position include: preparation and maintenance of electronic and manual records; inventory, storage, retrieval, and transport of items; cleaning and monitoring of collections in storage and on exhibit; basic artifact-related documentation and research; assistance with preparation of exhibit text; and light exhibit fabrication. Follow city and departmental policies and procedures. Work in a climate controlled museum environment. Exposed to dirt, dust, and unpleasant fumes and odors.
- Drivers License: Valid Class C Texas DL
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Museum studies, History, Public History, American Studies, Art History or Anthropology is preferred.
- Experience: One year of previous experience in a related position is required. Three years collections management experience is preferred.
- Certifications: No certifications required. Testing: No testing required.
- Physical Demands: Medium
- Knowledge of Texas history and familiarity with artifacts related to the American West is desirable.
Salary or Pay Rate
$8.82 – $13.19/Hr
How To Apply
Open until filled. Visit http://www.waco-texas.com/job-application.asp.