The daily operations manager of the Robie House provides onsite direction and mentoring to staff and volunteers to facilitate the delivery of a quality guest experience at the Preservation Trust’s AAM accredited museum site: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie House. The daily operations manager oversees regular facility and mechanical systems maintenance. Weekend and evening hours required. The Robie House Daily Operations Manager is designated as a primary respondent on the emergency plan and must be available by cell phone to respond and give direction during emergencies.
- Oversee implementation of successful delivery of daily guest experiences including but not limited to tours, programs, events, special use of site and facility rentals at the Robie House.
- Manage staff and volunteer resources to deliver exceptional guest experiences. Ensure that all staff and volunteers are appropriately trained and managed to successfully interact with guests.
- Serve as primary resource for problem solving and trouble shooting issues with visitors, volunteers and staff as they arise.
- Manage guest relations, facilities and volunteer schedules to ensure proper staffing including open, close and security of the Robie House according to pproved policies, procedures and security guidelines.
- Coordinate daily online, group, VIP and other reservations to ensure outstanding guest services.
- Provide accurate reports of daily operations to administrative team. Provide administrative team with insights into customer feedback, requests and product issues.
- Assist with all aspects of facilities support as needed
- Manage facility assistant to ensure proper set-up for delivery of tours and programs including but not limited to materials and equipment requirements, event or program set-up and housekeeping directives.
- Work closely with preservation architect/facilities administrator to log and report issues with integral building systems and provide support with the routine monthly maintenance of the HVAC system.
- Oversee building upkeep including seasonal upkeep to the properties including lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Supervise contracted employees (e.g. plant maintenance, pest control, snow removal, carpet cleaning, climate management.) Monitor potential problems from storms, power outages and any sort of emergency. Initiate response in accordance with emergency preparedness plan to contain potential damage, summoning outside assistance as needed.
- Ensure personal and property safety/security procedures are followed by staff and volunteers, including but not limited to: proper use of alarm system, emergency calls to police and ambulance, remediation of damage and confidential and secure storage paper and electronic documents. Resolve any related problems in collaboration with administrative team.
- Oversee office operations including supply inventory, office equipment repair calls, courier packages, kitchen upkeep, storage organization, in/out board, etc.
- As a team member of the Preservation Trust, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication, respect for all positions, maintenance of confidentiality, and success of the organization.
- Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills and proven problem-solving abilities.
- Must be computer literate.
- Mechanical and technical skills as demonstrated by prior work experience and/or certified training. Ability to learn and apply special procedures related to historic houses and museum environments.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- On occasion must move, load, deliver or adjust supplies and property weighing 35-75 lbs.
- To facilitate building maintenance may be required to climb ladders, work on roof and/or tight spaces (crawlspaces, etc).
- Ability to conduct visual, olfactory inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in providing quality visitor experiences, functioning cross-organizationally, and managing a core of staff and volunteers.
- Experience in program delivery, guest relations and event management at a museum or cultural institution helpful.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to respond to off-hour building emergencies required.
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter including salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org reference RH Daily Operations Manager in subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Position opened until filled.
Department: Guest Relations
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Guest Experience and Program Operations
Employees Supervised: Guest Relations Representatives and RH Facility Assistant
Central administrative office is accessible; house museum sites are multi-level work areas not accessible to the mobility impaired. Position requires frequent computer and phone use. Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment. Some travel to off-site locations necessary. Weekend and evening hours required. Equal opportunity employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/INSTRUCTION:
Employees advised on OSHA standards through required signage and administrative updates compliant with federal and state law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please visit http://gowright.org/jobs/25/165.html for more information.