The Missouri History Museum is seeking an experienced and creative Digital Media Content Developer to assist in the creation of digital, multi-media experiences related to a major, traveling exhibition. The exhibition will contain film components, computer generated interactives, audio/visual environment experiences, mobile applications, and web components. This is a temporary position running for a three-year term.
This a full-time temporary position scheduled to last thru 2016.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Initiatives and working closely with exhibition team members, MHM’s IT staff, and third-party vendors and contractors, the Digital Content Resource Developer will:
- Assist in the concept, planning, research and execution of integrated in-gallery, online, and peripheral digital media projects related to the on-site and traveling exhibition.
- Write tour scripts, label text, instructional text, and adapt exhibition material for digital media projects [a writing sample is required].
- Research, collect, curate, and deliver properly formatted digital assets to content producers.
- Compile RFPs if necessary for out-of-house production and oversee bid process, making recommendations on best contractor for work to be completed.
- Communicate with in-house and third party media production vendors about production specifications and deliverables.
- Develop schedules, manage deadlines and deliverables, reporting on progress to the Director of Digital Initiatives and exhibition team members.
- Provide general oversight of media production budget to avoid cost overruns in concert with the project manager.
- Handle rights management for digital assets related to the exhibition, including tracking rights and restrictions on content loaned to the Missouri History Museum from other institutions.
B.A. (M.A. preferred) degree in History, American Studies, Museum Studies or similar field plus three to five years professional experience in digital content research and production for use in kiosks, film, or on-line. Project oversight experience on a minimum of at least one previous media project also required.
How To Apply
The Missouri History Museum offers a competitive salary and complete benefits package. Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Missouri History Museum
PO Box 11940
St. Louis, MO 63112-0040
Resumes may also be forwarded to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer