The Madison Main Street Program Board of Directors is seeking a part-time Main Street Director for the City of Madison, Indiana.
Responsibilities and duties of administration for this position include the following:
- Administering funds from the Indiana Department of Transportation and Kentucky Transportation Cabinet designated by the Memorandum of Agreement for the Milton-Madison Bridge Project as a result of Section 106 of National Historic Preservation Act
- Implementation of the Main Street 4 point approach in the local community.
- Working cooperatively with the Madison Main Street Program Board of Directors
- Reporting on activities to the Madison Main Street Program Board of Directors at monthly meetings
- Working cooperatively with local community leaders while being an enthusiastic advocate for the commercial district
- Represent the organization locally, regionally and nationally.
- Interpreting, assessing and implementing consultant recommendations.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and assisting in budget development.
- Responsibility for all administrative aspects of operating the office including record keeping, budget development and monitoring and report preparation
- Coordinating local work with overall goals and activities.
- Delegation of local work and planning to committees and support of committees.
- Create opportunities for grant funded projects as well as the implementation and follow through of grant funds
- Work an average of 20 hours per week.
Salary or Pay Rate
$20,000 (one year with a possibility of extension)
How To Apply
Submit a letter of interest, resume and three references via email by May 30, 2012 to
Gerry Reilly, Director of Lanier Mansion State Historic Site: email@example.com
No phone calls please