Work involves marketing of Batesville/Independence County to foster positive public image and promote travel and tourism development. Work also involves attending joint planning sessions with neighboring counties, cities, and states. Employee is responsible for meeting with business/civic leaders, the general public and a variety of groups and commissions. County wide hospitality trainings will be conducted as well as the preparation of an annual report on tourism. Also responsible for coordinating special events of the Chamber, as well as membership sales as needed.
- Directs the development of all travel and tourism marketing including heritage tourism, including strategic planning.
- Represents Batesville/Independence County in negotiations and participates in joint planning sessions to establish regional tourism activities; attends trade shows to generate tourism sales; manages public, media, and community relations.
- Conducts hospitality training and creates hospitality related marketing materials.
- Provides information and meets with Tourism Advisory Board, Tourism Committee, City Council, Quorum Court, community leaders, history groups, the media, the tourism industry and appropriate state and federal tourism agencies.
- Coordinates the tourism program and activities of Independence County with other local, state and federal programs.
- Responsible for updating local, state and federal tourism websites.
- Attends meetings, seminars, conventions and workshops to further knowledge, stay informed of the changes in the tourism industry, network and exchange information.
- Designs, develops and coordinates distribution of promotional materials and brochures.
- Indentifies funding opportunities, prepares and submits grant proposals, cooperative funding proposals, etc.
- Develops, organizes and promotes special events and activities for Batesville/Independence County, to include holiday events, tours and special presentations as well as Chamber events.
- Selling of Chamber memberships and services of the Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce as needed.
Minimum Training and Experience: Bachelors degree in marketing, public relations, or a closely related field. Experience in marketing or public relations preferred.
About the Company/Organization
The Batesville Chamber of Commerce works to promote the quality of living & economic vitality of Batesville, Arkansas and Independence County.
Salary or Pay Rate
How To Apply
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until 1/16/2012
Travel: A moderate amount of travel will be required, regionally/nationally, in order to achieve goals.