Downtown Middletown is experiencing a new renaissance. A new downtown management and promotion non-profit, Downtown Middletown Inc, launched this year to support and accelerate the renaissance underway. We are seeking a professional coordinator to be downtown’s lead development manager and promoter, focusing on business recruitment and marketing.
- Create a one-year work plan to guide implementation of these priority activities:
- Help attract new business investment.
- Following the Downtown Middletown Strategic Plan (and other prior relevant work), coordinate with key development sta-keholders to attract new business investment.
- Coordinate support as appropriate to help retain and grow existing businesses, mainly, help property owners and businesses enhance the quality of space.
- Promote downtown regionally and locally:
- Promote existing venues and activities; work to enhance / expand them; Coordinate individual event efforts for greater impact.
- Be downtown’s lead advocate; speak as one coordinated voice; Communicate among all players to create a synergy of activity across the community.
- Establish and guide downtown committees (seek Main Street USA designation).
- Provide technical assistance to committees to develop work plans and budgets.
- Coordinate work among all committees and also among other groups with downtown interests.
- We are seeking a professional individual, who is available to work as an independent consultant:
- With demonstrated experience in business, development, marketing or related field, and specific experience independently managing projects & coordinating among diverse stakeholders.
- With educational credentials of a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional credentials.
How to Apply
Submit a letter, no longer than one page, with your resume. Email: DowntownCoordinator@JumpstartMiddletown.com
Regular Mail: Downtown Middletown Inc, c/o Economic Development Dept. One Donham Plaza Middletown OH 45042
Let us know if you have questions or want more information – just email your name and phone number with your request and we will be happy to call you.
For More Information Name: Nicol Thompson
Title: Project Manager for the Community Building Institute