The Events Coordinator III assists in coordinating GHF’s fundraising events, including Dickens on The Strand, Galveston Revival Race and Galveston Historic Homes Tour and others as assigned by the Director of Events.
- Dickens – Manage all aspects of Dickens food-related special events.
- Coordinate with Heritage Properties the execution of non-food special events.
- Dickens – Create and coordinate itineraries, working with the Marketing Department, for special guests of the festival.
- Dickens – Coordinate and manage Dickens Costume Contest(s) and Wedding.
- Homes Tour – Coordinate and conducts volunteer orientations.
- Homes Tour – Research and write copy for the properties on tour for marketing collateral, website and tour catalog.
- Various events (existing and new) – coordinate with Director and other
- Event staff members the timely execution as detailed in the departmental timeline.
- Work each of the events produced by the Events department.
Manage and coordinate event group tour sales for all events.
- Work with Director and Marketing Department on the timely and continuous updating of Event web pages on GHF website.
- Coordinate with Director, Events staff members and Marketing department the handling, follow-up and retention of existing cash and media sponsorships and acquisition of new sponsors, as they relate to events.
- Responsible for the marketing, promotion and follow-up of event group tours.
- Assist with providing information and/or writing of drafts related to event press releases.
- Assist in coordinating annual volunteer recognition reception.
- Attend all committee, staff meetings (including departmental timeline meetings) and other GHF/event related meetings, and give reports, as needed.
- Take and produce minutes for committee and sub-committee meetings.
- Assists the Director of Events with other events and duties, as assigned.
- Assist with departmental mailings.
- Physical labor and heavy lifting may be required.
- Performs general office duties such as filing, typing, correspondence and purchase orders.
- Responsible for timely completion of tasks as detailed in departmental timeline.
High school graduate with two years college preferred. Minimum 1 year in special events or marketing; project/production planning; general office duties.
Strong computer and writing skills. Strong organizational and administrative skills, and the ability to communicate clearly in oral and written forms. Self motivated and disciplined. Ability to work in a team oriented environment. Ability to speak on behalf of and represent organization and events in a positive and professional manner.
How To Apply
Please send resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to 409/765-6831 or by mail to GHF 502 20th Street Galveston, Texas 77550. Deadline for submissions is August 6, 2012.