The National Park Service seeks an Exhibit Specialist (Ruins Preservation) for Fort Laramie National Historic Site in Wyoming. This position requires hands-on ability and competence in a variety of trade skills and crafts, such as masonry, painting, roofing, carpentry, etc. in the performance of work on preservation construction projects. Incumbent will be required to research, investigate, evaluate and record data pertaining to historic structures and ruins for the purpose of determining physical condition, style and period of architecture and the degree of preservation/restoration required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform preservation, restoration and/or stabilization treatments utilizing a variety of tools, techniques and processes.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate preservation work.
- Ability to direct and lead historic preservation/stabilization projects.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and document conditions of historic structures and ruins and recommend appropriate restoration.
- Ability to use computers, specialized software programs and applications.
- Communication skills.
Fort Laramie National Historic Site – This “grand old post,” established as a private fur trading fort in 1834, was the most vital post of the westward movement in the 1800′s, witnessed the entire sweeping saga of America’s western expansion and Indian resistance to encroachment on their territories. Indians, trappers, traders, missionaries, emigrants, gold seekers, soldiers, cowboys and homesteaders would leave their mark on a place that would become famous in the American West.
Please visit www.usajobs.gov for more information and to apply.
Job Title: Exhibit Specialist (Ruins Preservation)
Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
Job Announcement Number: IMDE-11-22RS
SALARY RANGE: $38,790.00 – $61,678.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 to Thursday, January 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1010-07/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 09
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Ft. Laramie, WY
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens