The Historic Preservation Project Assistant at Clinton Brown Company Architecture provides all manner of support to advance the firm’s preservation projects, such as adaptive reuse plans, historic tax credit applications, historic structure reports, historic resource surveys, and preservation and rehabilitation plans for residential, commercial, municipal, institutional clients.
You will support the completion of National Register nominations for districts and individual properties. Knowledge of preservation techniques, historic building methods, architectural styles and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards is required. Excellent writing, graphic and research skills and proficiency in AutoCAD are a must.
- Complete office tasks such as printing, filing, archiving and answering the office phone
- Gather property and ownership information of single or multiple properties
- Prepare and complete reports for submission to clients or reviewing agencies
- Prepare and execute mailings for projects and large-scale marketing
- Create and maintain websites and electronic communications
- Provide architectural and historical research using local archives and online databases
- Write architectural descriptions and statements of significance for historic properties
- Field document and assess the current condition of historic properties
- Make site visits to client’s properties to start or advance preservation projects
- Work with subcontractors to ensure adherence to preservation guidelines
Desired Software Proficiencies
- Proficient in AutoCAD to complete site plans, floor plans, etc. from measured sketches
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop to prepare and enhance digital photographs
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, or other programs, to create architectural renderings
- Familiarly with the operation of online GIS resources and databases
- Ability to prepare large-scale mailings efficiently such as with Word’s MailMerge
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or WordPress preferred for CBCA’s online presence
- Comfortable troubleshooting all types of office computer and printer equipment
Must enjoy working in a collegial, collaborative small-office environment.
About the Company/Organization
Clinton Brown Company Architecture, PC is the full-service historic preservation architecture firm in New York State. We revitalize heritage buildings and communities through project concept, planning, architectural design, and management services for historic preservation projects to serve high-quality individual, institutional, commercial, and governmental clients. Headquartered in Buffalo, New York we are conveniently located in the Theatre Preservation District.
How To Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.