Supervisory and management position that directs construction projects performed at the Indiana State Historic Sites. Oversees large restoration and construction contracts, including onsite supervision. Job requires knowledge of historic building techniques as well as current standards and best practices in dealing with historic buildings.
- Position services as contract manager, assuring contracts are being carried out according to specifications.
- Ensures projects are being completed as bid, on budget and within the timelines/deadlines set.
- Involved with historic preservation research and compliance.
- Helps with budgeting, accounting, and purchasing priorities and strategies.
- Works on repairs, restoration, and rehabilitation efforts in conjunction with State Historic Site Restoration Facility and the several historic site staffs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, historic preservation, or related field; this is a professional position
- At least seven years “hands-on” historic preservation, restoration, or museum/historic-site related experience
- Must have working knowledge of principles of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and building codes
- Must be familiar with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Property
- Ability to solve problems and negotiate problems with a wide variety of contractors and other project stakeholders
- Ability to read construction drawings and contracts.
- Must be able to manage and supervise people in a clear and professional manner
- Will represent the State Historic Sites in a variety of circumstances and with a wide range of parties
- May supervise others in the performance and delegation of duties
Salary or Pay Rate
How To Apply
To apply for this position, visit our job bank at www.in.gov/spd/2334.htm. Click Advanced Search and Search for job opening 578170. You must thoroughly complete the work experience, education, license/certificate sections of the application to be considered.