Supervisory and management position that directs construction projects performed at the Indiana State Historic Sites. Oversees large restoration and construction contracts, including onsite supervision. Job requires knowledge of historic building techniques as well as current standards and best practices in dealing with historic buildings.
- Position services as contract manager, assuring contracts are being carried out according to specifications
- Ensures projects are being completed as bid, on budget and within the timelines/deadlines set
- Involved with historic preservation research and compliance
- Helps with budgeting, accounting, and purchasing priorities and strategies
- Works on repairs, restoration, and rehabilitation efforts in conjunction with State Historic Site Restoration Facility and the several historic site staffs
Some work is performed in office environment, but majority is done in the field, including outdoors in adverse conditions year around. Extensive time driving and some overnight travel required. Weekend and evening hours sometimes needed,
Position works with contactors and site staff crews of varying ability and background, and must be able to instruct relay expectations concisely.
- Requires a bachelors degree in construction management, architecture, historic preservation, or related field; this is a professional position
- At least seven years hands-on historic preservation, restoration, or museum/historic-site related experience
- Must have working knowledge of principles of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and building codes
- Must be familiar with the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Treatment of Historic Property
- Ability to solve problems and negotiate problems with a wide variety of contractors and other project stakeholders
- Ability to read construction drawings and contracts.
- Must be able to manage and supervise people in a clear and professional manner
- Will represent the State Historic Sites in a variety of circumstances and with a wide range of parties
- May supervise others in the performance and delegation of duties
Salary or Pay Rate
How To Apply
Open until filled. To be considered for this position, please apply via the State of Indiana job bank found at the following link http://www.in.gov/spd/2334.htm and then click Apply Now. Use the Advanced Search feature to find job opening ID 578170 to begin the application process. You will need to thoroughly complete the work experience and education sections of your application even if you have copy/pasted/attached your resume to your profile. For additional information on how to navigate our application process, click this link or feel free to contact the State Personnel Department directly at 317-232-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.