The Manager of the Mountain Maryland Gateway to the West Heritage Area (MMGTTWHA), is responsible for the implementation of the MMGTTWHA Management Plan. The position is located within the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, and the Manager reports to the President & CEO of the Chamber.
The Manager is responsible for:
- Managing strategic and daily operations to implement the Plan.
- Grant Writing and administering grant and technical assistance programs.
- Developing annual budget and tracking expenses accordingly in cooperation with the Office Administrator and the President & CEO.
- Communication with stakeholders about the benefits of being a Heritage area.
- Coordinating cultural heritage tourism product development activities with public and private sector partners.
- Leading priority initiatives such as:
- Completing and implementing MMGTTWHA marketing and interpretive plans.
- Coordinating with partners to secure funding for projects included in five-year plan.
- Coordinating and implementing a plan for the national observance of the War of 1812 in Garrett County.
- Coordinating with Garrett Trails.
- Coordinating with partners to begin creation of a Scenic Byways Corridor Management Plan.
- Working directly with Chamber’s Director of Marketing and Tourism on heritage tourism promotion.
Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must have a minimum of five years experience in community development, grant writing, fiscal management, fundraising, government relations, and capital project development. Knowledge of land use, transportation, and historic preservation planning in addition to marketing, advertising and corporate sponsorship is helpful. High level of computer competency is required. Familiarity with Garrett County is desirable, and experience with Garrett County culture and heritage is a plus.
Salary or Pay Rate
Commensurate with experience; health, life and retirement benefits included.
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume and references to Nicole Christian, President & CEO, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, 15 Visitors Center Drive, McHenry, MD, 21541 by June 1, 2012.