The Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site in Atlanta, Georgia, seeks a Museum Technician.
- Catalog museum objects and enter cataloging data into catalog program.
- Perform routine cleaning, stabilization, or preservation of artifacts whose treatment does not require a high degree of specialization.
- Maintain museum records, including accession, catalog and loan records.
- Monitor the environment of the collection storage and exhibit areas by keeping records on temperature, relative humidity, and pest infestation.
- Assist with the design, installation, repair, and rehabilitation of exhibits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures, and technology of museum collections management.
- Knowledge of cataloging, record keeping systems, and database management software for museum collections.
- Knowledge in object preservation techniques (handling, cleaning, environmental controls, maintenance, storage, installation, packing, security, etc).
- Knowledge of history, archeology, enthography, biology, etc., as it relates to museum collection.
- Skill in oral communication.
- Skill in written communication.
Please visit www.usajobs.gov for more information and to apply.
Job Title: Museum Technician
Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
Job Announcement Number: AT498896
SALARY RANGE: $38,790.00 – $50,431.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 to Tuesday, August 02, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1016-07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 07
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Atlanta, GA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens