Winterthur Museum & Gardens seeks a Preventative Conservation Aide.
- Implement preventive conservation in assigned collection areas includes dusting, cleaning and vacuuming of objects and spaces in the period rooms, galleries and storage areas as well as environmental monitoring and pest control
- Keep watch over the collection to ensure its well-being throughout his/her work day
- Assist with object movement
- Assist with Conservation projects such as participating in the Collections Emergency Response Team or working with the Lighting Team to change lamps, setting Lutron lighting programs, and adjusting or servicing hardware .
- High school diploma/GED (plus 5 years of experience) or BA in Art History or related field (plus 1 year exp)
- Ability to work with other departments
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the condition, presentation and needs of the collection
- Ability to work with HVAC monitoring equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to use hand and motorized tools and equipment necessary for collection care in a museum setting
- Ability to accurately use technical equipment and document information
- Ability to assist with conservation projects, such as lighting, collections emergency response, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination and comfort with heights
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with museum collections conservation and Residential Wiring certificate preferred
How To Apply
Please email only 1 cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Multiple resumes slow down the recruitment process. For full consideration please ensure you have included your complete address and phone number, including zip code & area code. We will contact the candidates we would like to invite in for an interview.