Indiana Landmarks seeks an energetic, highly-motivated individual to work as the Program Coordinator for the Morris-Butler House, an 1865 site in Indianapolis.
The Program Coordinator researches, designs and implements educational programs; coordinates special events; supports marketing efforts, and directs interns and volunteers at the Morris-Butler House. The Program Coordinator also assists the Museum and Heritage Tourism Director in scheduling and developing walking and motorcoach tours of Indianapolis and Indiana Landmarks Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, History, Historic Preservation, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and staging programs for adults and children.
- Record of interaction and communication with a variety of people, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or independently, with attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media (Facebook and Twitter). PastPerfect software a plus.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, carry, or move up to 50 pounds and maneuver stairs.
- Willingness to work Tuesday through Saturday schedule, including some evenings.
Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary requirements by August 1, 2011 to:
Museum and Heritage Tourism Director
1204 North Park Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46202
or e-mail email@example.com