Assist the Historic Sites architect to develop and manage restoration, rehabilitation, and new construction projects at state historic sites located throughout Texas.
Assist the Historic Sites architect and staff in:
- Contracting and overseeing the development of architectural plans and specifications for repair and restoration of the state’s historic sites to ensure compliance with sound architectural and preservation practice, established standards, and applicable codes and regulations.
- Preparing conceptual and preliminary drawings and specifications for restoration and new construction projects.
- Evaluating historic sites to ascertain their condition and preparing reports describing conditions, deficiencies observed, recommended work, and associated costs.
- Developing and populating a historic sites database to aid in tracking building conditions and cyclical maintenance activities.
- Developing training opportunities and technical information for educating site managers and site maintenance staff.
- Participate in Division and site planning for collections care, interpretation, and educational programs as needed.
- Perform related work as assigned.
(License, Education, Experience):
- Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture, with a certification in historic preservation or architectural history
- Texas architectural registration or eligibility for future registration in Texas
- Four years of experience working in an architect’s office, with knowledge and skills in both design and construction administration
- Three years of experience working with historic structures
- Familiarity with CSI standards and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- Proficient in AutoCAD (AutoCAD LT 2009 or newer)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary or Pay Rate
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.thc.state.tx.us/jobs/jb12_07.shtml for more information. Position open until filled.