The full-time Research Services Manager for the New England Historic Genealogical Society is responsible for assigning research to staff, volunteers, and contractors and assuring that output is thorough, accurate, and responsive to the requests. The Research Services Manager will supervise client billing, financial tracking, and database updates; ensuring that the research process moves forward according to established schedules.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Perform research for clients
- Provide lectures, in person and online
- Produce articles for NEHGS publications and the website
- Manage day to day operations of the Research Services Department
- Patron billing, financial tracking, and database updates
- Communicate status of on-going research projects to patrons
- Bachelor’s degree in a history related field.
- Genealogical training.
- General computer skills including internet, e-mail, and word processing.
- 5-7 years of professional genealogical experience
- Ability to analyze documents and compile detailed narrative research reports.
- Manage a staff of 4-8 employees, volunteers, and/or contractors.
How to apply
Please submit a cover-letter, resume, and a written sample of genealogical research, by October 10, 2011
To: Michelle Major
Human Resources Coordinator
New England Historic Genealogical Society
101 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116