Carries out assigned restoration and routine maintenance projects at HF&V including but not limited to:
- Rough and finish carpentry
- Plaster repair
General grounds maintenance including but not limited to landscaping
Undertakes other specific duties as assigned by Site Manager/Property Manager of HFV.
Minimum of three years training as a carpenter/cabinetmaker plus a minimum of 2 years experience in one of the above fields. Some college is desirable. Ability to read blueprints, operate backhoe, produce and install moldings, as well as other building elements found in historic structures. Must be sensitive to and knowledgeable of Historic preservation practices and or the willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Perform work in all weather conditions
- Interest in historic structures and preservation
- Willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
- College degree and/or construction experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
How To Apply
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible to the Site Manager/Property Manager at Hale Farm and Village
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as temporary, full time operational position and is non-exempt regarding overtime compensation