The Saturday Librarian is a part-time, paid position with the Museums of Old York. MOY’s library is an important resource for genealogical and historical research. The Saturday Librarian conducts operation of the library most Saturdays throughout the year, assisting patrons with their research. The library is closed on some Saturdays coinciding with holidays or other events. Library hours on Saturdays are 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Specific Responsibilities of the Saturday Librarian:
- Open and close the library, taking care of routine procedures.
- Gain increasing familiarity with the collections and catalogues of the library.
- Assist patrons in searching for material.
- Perform projects involving collections organization and cataloguing as assigned by the Librarian/Archivist.
- Handle sales of books offered to the public for purchase.
- Interact with drop-in visitors, answering questions about the town and giving directions as needed.
- Keep accurate records of activity in the library as requested by the Librarian/Archivist.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Facility with computers. Knowledge of PastPerfect software a plus.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physical ability to climb stairs and lift up to forty pounds.
- Familiarity with the Dewey Decimal system.
- Demonstrated interest in history, research, and/or geneaology.
How To Apply
To apply send a resume and cover letter as Word or .pdf attachments to email@example.com. MOY is an equal opportunity employer.