Maintains building and grounds and secures Pioneer Village facilities. Plans, promotes, schedules and coordinates festivals, programs, activities and tours of the Village and facilities. Coordinates, trains and provides work direction for volunteers and some seasonal staff.
- Maintains clean and security facilities at the Walnut Grove Pioneer Village. Custodial duties include but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, polishing floors and furniture, cleaning windows and removing trash. Performs limited grounds keeping including: watering turf and snow removal. Ensures village area and buildings are secure after hours and opened in a timely manner as provided by Department policies.
- Schedules and coordinates utilization of Olde St. Ann’s historic church for weddings. Ensures appropriate rental fees and agreements are obtained. Ensures facility is in appropriate condition before and after ceremonies and maintains security of premises.
- Coordinates, schedules and conducts tours in costume of Pioneer Village for school groups, civic organizations and other groups throughout the year. Presents information regarding historical aspects of Pioneer Village to schools, museums and civic groups. Plans and coordinates festivals held at the Pioneer Village site throughout the year.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts seasonal youth day camps. Participates in and directs daily activities, collects fees and schedules participants.
- Hires, trains and directs the work of seasonal staff. Coordinates and train all volunteers for Pioneer Village activities.
- Promotes and markets year-round use, festivals and activities of Pioneer Village by developing and distributing promotional materials, advertisement in varied medias, contacting local media representatives, developing relationships with schools, libraries, historical groups and community groups. Writes bi-monthly newsletter on Pioneer Village for volunteers and vendors.
- Presents information to schools, museums and civic groups regarding Pioneer Village.
- Maintains budget of Pioneer Village operational line items. Orders and maintains supplies for general maintenance, program supplies and soda fountain operations. Collects, records and remits donations from Pioneer Village visitors.
- Opens and closes Pioneer Village facilities daily from April through October and as weather permits from November through March as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College-level coursework in natural resources, historical preservation or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year Public Relations or event planning experience required.
- Ability to utilize effective verbal and written communications with varied demographic groups.
- Ability to prepare and present information to a variety of age groups.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic cleaning methods, techniques and materials in residential or commercial environment.
- Ability to maintain accurate, organized and timely records of POS cash receipts, facility reservations and day camp registrations utilzing the department’s recreation software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to provide work direction to seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County’s PRIDE philosophy.
Salary or Pay Rate
How To Apply
Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/view_job.cfm?JobID=471771&hit_count=Yes for more information. Closing Date/Time: Fri. 06/15/12 4:30 PM Central Time
Incumbent has the option to live on premises in provided housing.
Must be able to pass a post-offer physical exam and a background investigation.
Individuals in need of special accommodations during the application process are asked to notify our office in advance.