Coordinates designated First Division Museum special events that interpret and present the history of the First Infantry Division within the broader context of American military history. Assists the Public Programs Manager with coordinating program activities in support of the active 1st Infantry Division; veteran’s organizations; the active military services; Cantigny Park, and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, implements and evaluates special events that extend or complement the museum’s mission such as outreach and educational activities, evening lectures, patriotic holidays, and living history re-enactments
- Coordinates museum support for special hosted events and visits, including conferences and veteran reunions
- Coordinates program activities with or in support of the active 1st Infantry Division and other military organizations on and off Cantigny Park
- Coordinates support for exhibit openings
- Represents the Public Programs Manager at events and meetings as required
- Speaks for and represents the First Division Museum at public events as required
- Assists in maintaining museum master calendar and associated databases
- Assists Museum Educator and Cantigny Park Volunteer Coordinator as appropriate
- Undergraduate degree in history or related field preferred
- 2 to 4 years of practical work experience in a related field
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be proficient with e-mail, word processing, and internet
- Working knowledge of military community preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Position requires hours outside normal business hours: evenings, weekends, and holidays
About the Company/Organization
The First Division Museum (FDM) at Cantigny Park, part of the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, promotes public learning about America’s military heritage and affairs through the history of the Big Red One—the famed 1st Infantry Division of the U.S. Army. It stands in tribute to all who have served our country in the armed forces. The museum’s main exhibit hall transports visitors to the trenches of World War I, the beaches of World War II and the jungles of Vietnam. Outside, tanks are displayed from every era, along with personnel carriers and artillery. The Robert R. McCormick Research Center, open to the public, houses the museum’s library, archival and photo collections. Visit the First Division Museum at Cantigny online at www.FirstDivisionMuseum.org.
How To Apply
How to apply for this job: Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: MFResumes@McCormickFoundation.org Deadline, June 30.